IV Medications Training
Duration of Course: 6 hours
Candidates: Candidates for this course are expected to be Registered Nurses.
This course will:
- Review the role of the nurse in the administration of intravenous drugs, including professional and legal issues and impact of The Code of Professional Practice
- Identify methods to minimize and prevent drug errors
- Provide simulated practice of the reconstitution and safe administration of intravenous medications
- Ensure knowledge of infection control in relation to intravenous medication administration
- Include explanation and practice of relevant drug calculations
- Detail the initial management of emergency situations relevant to intravenous administration of medications
Certification: On completion of this course, you will receive a certificate confirming that you have ATTENDED the course and achieved the above objectives.
Quality Control: All courses have a reflective assessment to allow us to continually improve our courses, and to receive feedback from candidates.
BOOK THIS COURSE