Course Title: Training in a Care Home
Dates: Please see booking for available dates and registration
Venue: Safe2Care Training, 73 Great Victoria Street, Belfast, BT2 7AF
Cost: £85 per candidate. (Note: Teas will be provided, but no meals are included)
Who is this for? This course is designed for managers who work in the Healthcare Industry, who want training in the best methods and techniques in training staff.
Candidates need to meet the following requirements:
· Be a Registered Nurse
· have attended a course in Moving and Handling previously
· have experience of working in a healthcare/social care setting
· be physically capable of demonstrating good practice in Moving and Handling
- · Learning styles – visual, auditory, kinaesthetic
- · Barriers to learning and breaking down barriers (environmental, set-up and preparation, language, psychological, establishing ground rules, building rapport, ice breakers, motivation to learn)
- · Methods of teaching – PRESENTER
- · Using training aids; visuals, powerpoint, interactive activities, energisers, group work, feedback, roleplay, discussion, quizzes.
- · Using Moving and Handling training aids
- · Writing a lesson plan: SMART objectives, creating a moving and handling lesson
- · Assessing students – cumulative and summative assessment
- · Evaluation of session – feedback from students
- · Self-evaluation and reflection.