Moving and Handling (People) Friday 18th May 2018
- - The Law – Health and Safety Legislation pertaining to moving and handling.
- - Employers and Employees duties
- - Biomechanics - including posture, centre of gravity, reducing friction, lever principle.
- - Spinal Anatomy and muscular system
- - Heirarchy of Manual Handling Principles in relation to Manual Handling Regulations (1992); Avoid, Assess, Reduce, Review
- - People Handling assessment.
- - Risk assessment using T.I.L.E.
- - How to reduce risk to lowest possible level
- - L.O.L.E.R. and P.U.W.E.R
- - Reporting injury as stipulated by R.I.D.D.O.R
- - Safely using equipment and choosing correct equipment
- - Understanding which lifts are outlawed and why
- - Assessing patient cognitive, physical and emotional ability
- - Guiding and Slowing falls.
- - Practical session on moving and handling patients in a safe manner
|Date and Time||18-05-2018 1:15 pm|
|End Date and Time||18-05-2018 4:00 pm|
Venue Information - BELFAST
Please make sure you check where you are coming to for your training. The venue is close to the Bus and Train stations, and there is plenty of parking on site, or at Yorkgate Shopping Centre.
Tel: 028 90994240
UNIT 42 THE MCCORRY BUILDING, NORTH CITY BUSINESS CENTRE, 2 DUNCAIRN GARDENS, BELFAST, BT15 2GG