ADMINISTRATION OF MEDICATIONS update for Registered Nurses
Cost of Course: £30
Length of Course: 2 Hours
Candidates: Registered Nurses who require annual update
VENUE: Through Northern Ireland - Belfast, Coleraine, Ballymoney, Ballymena, Antrim, Larne, Derry / Londonderry, Maghera, Magherafelt, Cookstown, Enniskillen, Omagh
Aims of course:
- Understand your role in the safe administration of medicines.
- Outline factors contributing to drug errors
- Discuss ways of minimising clinical risk
- Explain how client safety, compliance and well being can be enhanced
- Explain requirements for valid consent.
- To update on NMC Standards for medicines management 2010.
- To outline the legal and professional requirements regarding the Administration of Medicines.
- To identify the need for an effective strategy for managing clinical risk.
- The 5 wrongs
- Why do mistakes happen
- Medication incidents
- Accountability and Drug Administration
- NMC Code of Conduct and Guidelines
- Record Keeping
- Drug calculations