Cost of Course: £15
Length of Course: 2 hours
Candidates: All those who are handling food or drink that is supplied to customers (including patients, clients and residents)
Aims and Objectives:
Upon completion of this course candidates will demonstrate food hygiene awareness and have an appreciation of their role in the prevention of infection through food safety.
- Understand the importance of food safety, including hygiene, in the preparation and handling of food.
- Understand the importance of wearing PPE, and good hand washing technique in the handling of food.
- Recognise the symptoms of food poisoning and how it occurs
- Differentiate between food intoxication and food infection.
- How bacteria multiplies and how to prevent bacteria from multiplying
- Know how to safely and correctly store food
- Correct and safe waste disposal.
- Gain knowledge on the use of food boards, cleaning and disinfecting worktops