MOVING AND HANDLING OF PEOPLE AND/OR OBJECTS
Cost of Course: £55 per person. (Minimum group size 10 people.)
Length of Course: one day.
– Legislation pertaining to moving and handling.
– Biomechanics: friction, levers, base of support, centre of gravity
– Risk Assessment: people handling
- Risk Assessment using TILE
– Safely using equipment: PUWER and LOLER
– Outlawed maneouvres and lifts.
- Posture and Exercise.
- Dealing with lower back pain.
- Guiding and slowing falls.
- Principles of using a hoist.
– Practical session of moving people with use of equipment.
– Practical session of moving objects in a safe manner.
The course will have both a theory and practical session and assessment.