MANUAL HANDLING OF OBJECTS
Cost of Course:£55 per person
Course Length: One day
Who should attend: This course is for all those who are currently moving and handling in the workplace, and where the risk assessment has highlighted the need for training. This can be included as part of the induction for the new worker.
- Health and Safety Legislation pertaining to moving and handling.
- Biomechanics: including friction, base of support, centre of gravity and levers.
- Spinal Anatomy and muscular system
- Posture and Exercise.
- Dealing with back pain.
- Risk assessment using T.I.L.E.
- L.O.L.E.R. and PUWER.
- Safely using equiment
- Prevention of injury, and Reporting injury (RIDDOR)
- Practical session on safe lifting techniques as per group requirement.
All candidates will receive a certificate valid for three years