FIRST AID AT WORK COURSE
Cost of Course: £215 per person
Length of Course: This course will run over three days.
VENUE: 73 Great Victoria Street, Belfast, BT2 7AF
Candidates: FAW course is open to all those in the working environment who require a first-aider in the workplace, in accordance with the law.
- The role of the first aider
- Basic hygiene in first aid procedures
- Risk assessment
- Dealing with the unconscious casualty
- Administration of CPR
- Dealing with bleeding and/or shock
- First aid for Minor Injuries
- Fractures, sprains and strains
- Head and facial injury
- Spinal and crush injury
- Poisoning and anaphylactic shock
- Carry out secondary survey
- Burns and Scalds
- Record Keeping
- Maintaining a First Aid Box.
On the final day of the course the candidate will be examined by external assessors on both the theory and practical aspects of the course.
Candidates will receive a First Aid at Work Manual and a certificate which is valid for three years.