Health Check Testing Course
Duration of Course: 4 hours long
Course Aim: By the end of the course, candidates will be able to measure the key health indicators of Cholesterol levels, Blood glucose levels, and blood pressure and be able to understand and interpret the results making recommendations for ways in which these may be improved.
Candidates: Candidates for this course are expected to be working in the fitness industry, and have a basic qualification in health and fitness.
The course covers:
- Introduction to Health Check Testing
- Explanation of hypo-tension and hyper-tension.
- The importance of diet and exercise and their impact on blood pressure, glucose levels and cholesterol levels.
- How to take a manual blood pressure.
- How to take an automatic blood pressure.
- A brief introduction to Diabetes
- Normal parameters of blood glucose.
- How to carry out a blood sugar test.
- A brief introduction to Coronary Heart Disease, atherosclerosis and strokes.
- How to carry out a cholesterol test.
- Dealing with a sharpstick injury
- Due to the practical nature of the course, the optimum number in a class is 6 with a maximum of 8 in the class.
Cost of Course: The course costs £350 for up to 8 people in a class.
Certification: Successful candidates receive a certificate and a plastic credit card size certificate.
Quality Control: All courses have a reflective assessment to allow us to continually improve our courses, and to receive feedback from candidates.