Should we do the 1 day or 3 day FAAW course?


Cost of Course:  from £110 per person (min booking 10 people )

Length of Course: This course will run over three days.

Here are some principles to see if you need to do the 3 day or just the 1 day course.

As an Employer

You must have appropriate first-aid arrangements in your workplace. Consider what health and safety risks may be present and use our first-aid needs assessment tool to help you decide what arrangements you need to put in place.


Most small low-risk workplaces need only a first-aid box and a person appointed to take charge of first-aid arrangements such as calling the emergency services and stocking the first-aid box. The appointed person does not need specific first-aid training, but you must provide all your employees with details of the first-aid arrangements.


If your workplace has more significant health and safety risks, for example you use machinery or hazardous materials then you are more likely to need a trained first-aider.


What employers need to do


You are responsible for making sure that your employees receive immediate attention if they are taken ill or are injured at work. Accidents and illness can happen at any time and first aid can save lives and prevent minor injuries from becoming major ones.


Your arrangements will depend on the particular circumstances in your workplace and the outcomes of your first-aid needs assessment.


As a minimum, you must have:


  • a suitably stocked first-aid box
  • an appointed person to take charge of first-aid arrangements;
  • information for all employees giving details of first-aid arrangements.




You might decide that you need a first-aider. This is someone who has been trained by an approved organisation and holds a qualification in first aid at work or emergency first aid at work. If you have identified that you need first-aiders, we've provided information on the requirements for training them. You can also view the list of HSE approved training providers.


Accidents and ill health


Under health and safety law, you must report and keep a record of certain injuries, incidents and cases of work-related disease.


Keeping records will help you to identify patterns of accidents and injuries, and will help when completing your risk assessment. Your insurance company may also want to see your records if there is a work-related claim.




Make sure you protect people's personal details by storing records confidentially in a secure place.


If you have more than 10 employees, or own or occupy a mine, quarry or factory, you must keep an accident book under social security law.


You can buy an accident book from HSE Books or record the details in your own record system.


Copyright Safe2Care Training 2017.   Contact:  +442890994240