MOVING AND HANDLING PEOPLE THEORY
Cost of Course:£15.00 per person
Length of Course: 1 HOUR
Candidates: This course is suitable for all those working in the health and social sector in Northern Ireland who will be involved in the moving and handling of patients.
- - The Law – Health and Safety Legislation pertaining to moving and handling.
- - Employers and Employees duties
- - Biomechanics - including posture, centre of gravity, reducing friction, lever principle.
- - Spinal Anatomy and muscular system
- - Heirarchy of Manual Handling Principles in relation to Manual Handling Regulations (1992); Avoid, Assess, Reduce, Review
- - People Handling assessment.
- - Risk assessment using T.I.L.E.
- - How to reduce risk to lowest possible level
- - L.O.L.E.R. and P.U.W.E.R
- - Reporting injury as stipulated by R.I.D.D.O.R
- - Safely using equipment and choosing correct equipment
- - Understanding which lifts are outlawed and why
- - Assessing patient cognitive, physical and emotional ability
- - Guiding and Slowing falls.
- - Practical session on moving and handling patients in a safe manner