MOVING AND HANDLING PEOPLE
Cost of Course:£30 per person
Length of Course: Half Day
Candidates: This course is suitable for all those working in the health and social sector in Northern Ireland who will be involved in the moving and handling of patients. All participants must be in good health and able to fully participate in the class. As this is an active class, we ask participants to come in suitable clothing (flat shoes are essential).
- - The Law – Health and Safety Legislation pertaining to moving and handling.
- - Employers and Employees duties
- - Biomechanics - including posture, centre of gravity, reducing friction, lever principle.
- - Spinal Anatomy and muscular system
- - Heirarchy of Manual Handling Principles in relation to Manual Handling Regulations (1992); Avoid, Assess, Reduce, Review
- - People Handling assessment.
- - Risk assessment using T.I.L.E.
- - How to reduce risk to lowest possible level
- - L.O.L.E.R. and P.U.W.E.R
- - Reporting injury as stipulated by R.I.D.D.O.R
- - Safely using equipment and choosing correct equipment
- - Understanding which lifts are outlawed and why
- - Assessing patient cognitive, physical and emotional ability
- - Guiding and Slowing falls.
- - Practical session on moving and handling patients in a safe manner