EMERGENCY FIRST AID AT WORK COURSE (EFAW)
COST: £90 per person
LENGTH: One Day (6 hours)
VENUE: 73 Great Victoria Street, Belfast, BT2 7AF
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Emergency First Aid at Work course is open to all those in the working environment who require a regulated first-aider in the workplace, in accordance with the new (2011) legislation by HSE. It is the recommended minimum standard (ACOP L74) for first aiders in the workplace.
Candidates will receive an Emergency First Aid at Work certificate, approved by EMAS, which is valid for three years. Candidates will also receive an Emergency First Aid at Work book.
Emergency First Aid at Work is regulated by Health and Safety Executive Northern Ireland, and can only be offered by registered training company's. This is an ideal course for smaller businesses and companies who do not require a full three day First Aid course. This course is a good option for appointed person's to ensure they have the necessary first aid skills required to deal with any first aid emergency.
- Duties of a first aider and how to use available equipment.
- Infection control in relation to first aid procedures.
- Explain how to assess a situation and act in a safe, prompt and effective manner protecting both self and others.
- Wounds and bleeding
- Sprains, strains, fracture.
- Recording incident book.
- CPR in adults
- Care for the unconscious casualty
- Describe and demonstrate how to administer first aid to casualty suffering from shock.
- Dealing with minor injury