Phlebotomy / Venepuncture Training- Wednesday 5th October 2022
PHLEBOTOMY / VENEPUNCTURE TRAINING
Candidates: Candidates for this course are expected to be working in a health care setting.
Course Aim: By the end of the course, candidates will be able to.
- Demonstrate appropriate infection control principles when performing phlebotomy.
- Use both the butterfly system and the vacutainer system to collect a blood sample.
- List the potential complications during and after taking blood.
- Explain procedure in event of a sharp stick injury
The course covers:
- The session will begin with a theoretical component followed by demonstrations and then practise.
- Participants will practise on simulation arms.
- Candidates will have the opportunity to use butterfly needles and vacutainer blood taking systems.
|Date and Time||05-10-2022 9:30 am|
|End Date and Time||05-10-2022 12:30 pm|
Venue Information - BELFAST
Please make sure you check where you are coming to for your training. The venue is close to the Bus and Train stations, and there is plenty of parking on site, or at Yorkgate Shopping Centre.
Tel: 028 90994240
UNIT 42 THE MCCORRY BUILDING, NORTH CITY BUSINESS CENTRE, 2 DUNCAIRN GARDENS, BELFAST, BT15 2GG