Full day - MH and BLS Thursday 16th January 2020
MOVING AND HANDLING
- - Legislation: L.O.L.E.R; P.U.W.E.R; M.H.O.R; RIDDOR
- - Types of injury associated with Moving and Handling
- - Using biomechanics in moving and handling
- - Spinal Anatomy
- - Heirarchy of Manual Handling Principles in relation to Manual Handling Regulations (1992); Avoid, Assess, Reduce, Review
- - Pre-Procedural Considerations
- - Risk assessment using T.I.L.E.
- - How to reduce risk to lowest possible level
- - Safely using equipment and choosing correct equipment
- - Correct moving and handling during resuscitation
- - Understanding which lifts are unsafe to practice
- - Assessing patient cognitive, physical and emotional ability
- - Prevention and Management of Falls
- - Practical session on moving, handling and positioning patients in a safe manner
BASIC LIFE SUPPORT
- UK Resuscitation guidelines (2015)
- Scene Safety and activating chain of survival
- Correct technique in Adult CPR
- Correct technique in Paediatric CPR
- Correct application and use of Defibrillator
- Recovery position
- Dealing with Choking in Adults and Babies
- Introduction to Automated External Defibrillation
- Basic principles on how to safely use an AED.
- Practical on use of AED.
|Date and Time||16-01-2020 10:00 am|
|End Date and Time||16-01-2020 4:00 pm|
Venue Information - BELFAST
Please make sure you check where you are coming to for your training. The venue is close to the Bus and Train stations, and there is plenty of parking on site, or at Yorkgate Shopping Centre.
Tel: 028 90994240
UNIT 42 THE MCCORRY BUILDING, NORTH CITY BUSINESS CENTRE, 2 DUNCAIRN GARDENS, BELFAST, BT15 2GG